Kirjoittaja Aihe: M: NOS 1920's Dress boots by J.F. Nordlöf Göteborg sz. EU40  (Luettu 1450 kertaa)

sproily

• Legenda
  • Parantumaton retro-eksentrikko
    • Profiili
    • Flanööri-blogi
Olen laiska enkä jaksa suomentaa seuraavaa mainospuhetta. Olen pahoillani. Tarvittaessa voin kyllä selventää jos jokin vaivaa.

Lainaus
I am offering you a pair of dress boots from a known Swedish shoemaker J.F. Nordlöf from Göteborg (Gothenburg).

Click here for higher resolution

J.F. Nordlöf (est. 1894) had a shop in Gothenburg up until atleast 1923. To support that I have this picture of his shop from that year.

J.F. Nordlöf presumably changed the name of their shop to Nordlöfs somewhere in the late 1920's or 1930's and is still manufacturing by that name to some degree even today. These shoes are NOT "Nordlöfs" but J.F. Nordlöf which makes them older.

These boots have an emblem of an award and it reads För yrkesskicklighet och konstflit. It roughly means for workmanship and skill. It also has the year 1904 which is probably the year the awarded was given. The other oval has the year of establishment --94 (must be 1894) and name Nordlöf.

They also have the emblem of the royal coat of arms of Sweden with the words I.K.M Kronprinsens hovleverantör meaning that they were the crown princes royal purveyor. It is a royal warrant.

I have corresponded with the museum of Gothenburg and they responded to me that the shoes are a prime example of late 1910's to very early 1930's ankle boots from Nordlöf.

The condition of the shoes is immaculate. The leather is soft and supple and the interior canvas lining is also soft and in good condition. The leather is thick as in all vintage/antique shoes. Very minor wear on the soles probably from having been tried on after having been stored for a long time. Some wear on the tip of the shoe and tiny little white specks that look like paint. Hardly noticeable.

There is no rust on the ski hoops and the only missing paint is on the sole. The gold emblem is a really good sign of how good the condition on these are. The text is completely readable and none of the paint has come off.

The stitching on the uppers is very small and close together. Complete with swan neck stitching found on upper-class shoes today. Very nice narrow waist and a beautiful but not too pompous spade sole.

No original laces. Completely wearable today if you get a pair of laces.

The shoes measure 28,5cm from heel to toe on the sole. The widest part of the sole is 9cm. Shoe size probably EU40/UK7/US7,5 but I will try to verify that.

Feel free to offer.

Any questions ask them here I will try to answer you the best I can.
« Viimeksi muokattu: 18.01.10 - klo:20:07 kirjoittanut sproily »

Flanööri
Dress to impress yourself first. Then others, if you feel like it.

• Satraappi
  • Ylläpitäjä
  • Legenda
    • Profiili
    • http://www.keikari.com
Nämä upeudet kuuluisivat museoon, eivät jonkun jalkoihin kulumaan. 80 vuotta vanha nahka tuskin kestää käyttöä kauan.
Pukimo Raivio: miesten käytetyt vaatteet - laatua järkihinnalla.
/

sproily

• Legenda
  • Parantumaton retro-eksentrikko
    • Profiili
    • Flanööri-blogi
Tarkoitat varmaankin 90-vuotta vanhat.

Nahka on kyllä erittäin hyvässä kunnossa ja itselläni on käytössä 30-luvun kengät jotka ovat hieman huonommassakin kunnossa ja ne ovat kestäneet upeasti. Tiedän myös erään henkilön, joka omistaa myös saman valmistajan saman vuoden kengät ja hän on käyttänyt niitä lähes joka päivä vuoden ajan. Kengät eivät näytä käytön saati sitten hajoamisen merkkejä lainkaan.

Kun näitä käsittelee ne eivät tunnu ollenkaan siltä, että ne hajoaisivat käsiin. Päinvastoin. Uskon, että nämä kestävät käyttöä oivasti, mutta en tietenkään suosittelisi ketään laittamaan näitä jokapäiväisiksi jalkineiksi. Ehkäpä juhlaan pari kertaa vuodessa.

Itse en ainakaan kehtaisi antiikkikenkiä kovin kovalla kädellä käyttää.

Flanööri
Dress to impress yourself first. Then others, if you feel like it.