Kirjoittaja Aihe: Hulluista muotivaatteista  (Luettu 4913 kertaa)

• Satraappi
  • Ylläpitäjä
  • Legenda
    • Profiili
    • http://www.keikari.com
Hulluista muotivaatteista
« : 18.01.13 - klo:18:35 »
Vihdoin löysin sopivan kattavan määritelmän kaikille mikroaaltouunia ja teflonpannua muistuttaville muotivaatteille, joita me tavalliset pukeutujat emme ymmärrä. Lyhykäisyydessä niillä siis haetaan huomiota, koetellaan rajoja ja ne muistuttavat konseptiautoja. Tämän kaiken kun olisi joku jo aiemmin selventänyt.

"I've seen this be asked on Reddit so many times I want to throw my laptop out the window every time. But, I get the confusion if you're not a part of the industry and you're just the consumer. I'm a fashion designer - I do both pret-a-porter as well as experimental collections so I can tell you know this works from the fashion industry's point of view;
Designers are not artists. Never will be. If you do art, you do art. If you're a designer, you're a fucking designer. Because with art you express your own ego, whereas in design you think of the person who is going to own your piece. There is a fine line between the two though and it's getting more and more confusing lately, I'll give you that.

The experimental collections (what you call bizarre outfits) are not art and you should not confuse it with it. What they are though, is experimenting in an industry, that's basically invented everything that's to be invented. It's a way to express a raw concept in an interesting and exciting way. I think someone likened it to a concept car - very good comparison, only in fashion it's much more important. I always say it's like presenting my sketchbook in 3D.
Collection showcases (fashion shows) of such designers are usually for people who are there to catch onto trends and new ideas, concepts (bigger companies, Topshop, H&M, Zara) that they can use. I can guarantee you that any bizarre piece you see on a show is going to be slowly, slowly trickled down into something you will wear. All of us. Usually takes a season or two. There's plywood on his face? You're gonna wear a T-shirt with some wood printed on it in a year or so, or perhaps a bag that has a fake wood imprint on the leather. Oh, Urban Outfitters is going to have a blast with that. She's wearing a strange, bloated dress? Oversize is going to come back into fashion. Etc.
I do this too - I make an experimental collection, get it all out of my system and make a wacky show - then offer my customers something simpler ("Oh you loved that oversize black and white coat? how about I make you a simple tailored dress with the exact same fabric?") Because the customer was interested and excited by the clothes that were on the show, but wants something similar that he/she could wear. They would not be interested if the show was full of 'ordinary' clothes.

It's how it works. I think most people underestimate the fashion/clothing industry by saying 'It's just clothes' or 'Who the fuck would wear that'. It makes over a trillion dollars a year and it's a big part of our lives because you use it every single day of your life. It's exciting and complicated and insane at the same time.

TL:DR; It's not that bizarre. You will be wearing it, in some way or another.
EDIT: Also, I see people mentioning haute couture; this is something else, not experimental collections. They are beautiful collection crafted and sewn almost entirely by hand. They're defined by the amount of work put into then. There are only a few real haute couture designers (acknowledged by the committee) in the world. Aaaaand I'll shut up now and go look at funny pictures of cats."

Loppuun vielä pari esimerkkiä:

Pukimo Raivio: miesten käytetyt vaatteet - laatua järkihinnalla.
/

_ a m _

• Legenda
    • Profiili
Vs: Hulluista muotivaatteista
« Vastaus #1 : 18.01.13 - klo:18:39 »
Tarkoittaako tämä nyt sitä, että ne toisen rinnan näkyviin jättävät naisten yläosat eivät koskaan tulekaan Lindexiin?

Pchan

• Legenda
    • Profiili
« Vastaus #2 : 18.01.13 - klo:20:47 »
^ Ei kun postauksessahan selvästi sanottiin, että kaikki efektit tulevat lindexiin, mutta laimeampina. Käytännössä siis saat tyytyä satunnaiseen n**nnin vilahtamiseen pikkutunneilla.

Tekstin perusteella tuosta neljännestä kuvasta voi päätellä, että vuonna 2020 suomalaisten miesten pukujen hihoista tulee pilkahtamaan hieman kalvosinta.

Arska

• Legenda
    • Profiili
« Vastaus #3 : 18.01.13 - klo:20:55 »
Tekstin perusteella tuosta neljännestä kuvasta voi päätellä, että vuonna 2020 suomalaisten miesten pukujen hihoista tulee pilkahtamaan hieman kalvosinta.

Oikea suunta.
Suositellaan täysraittiutta.