Kirjoittaja Aihe: Vaatteet ja tyyli uutisissa  (Luettu 297095 kertaa)

bowtiepasta

• Legenda
  • champion, undefeated
    • Profiili
Vs: Vaatteiden, tyylin ja muun uutisseuranta
« Vastaus #15 : 16.08.12 - klo:14:19 »
erittäin osuva NY Times-kolumni:

The Case for Spending a Little More Sometimes
By CARL RICHARDS

Carl Richards is a certified financial planner in Park City, Utah, and is the director of investor education at BAM Advisor Services. His book, “The Behavior Gap,” was published this year. His sketches are archived here on the Bucks blog.

A number of years ago, it was time to buy a new road bike. There was one that I always wanted, but it was more expensive than I could afford. I remember thinking that I should just settle for a cheaper bike, one that I didn’t really want but told myself would be fine.

But I decided that instead of settling for something I didn’t really want, I would wait until I could afford it. Later, I bought the bike I really wanted.

And guess what?

I still have that bike, and I still love it! I’ve watched other people go through three or four bikes in the time I have had this one. In the end, I suspect I spent less money by buying the one that cost more.

We’re faced with these decisions all the time. It may not be a bike, but maybe a watch, clothes, a new car or even a house.

It’s tempting to tell ourselves this little story about being frugal as we buy garbage from WalMart instead of the quality stuff that we want. Stuff that lasts. Stuff that we can own for a long time.

Here is the issue: when we settle for stuff that we don’t really want, and instead buy stuff that will be fine for a while, it often costs more in the long run.

How many shirts do you have in the closet that you never wear because you bought them on sale, despite feeling that they weren’t quite right? Those shirts you saved so much money on are now costing you in more ways than just money.

We have to deal with storing them. We have to deal with the uncomfortable feeling we get each time we see them, knowing that we shouldn’t have bought them in the first place. Then, we have to figure out how to get rid of them. Next thing you know, you’re trying to sell that shirt you bought on sale for $10 for only a quarter at a yard sale.

Why not just wait and buy the $20 shirt you will actually wear and then keep it?

Too often I think we convince ourselves that buying for the long term doesn’t matter. We can always replace it, right? But how much simpler would life and our money decisions be if we bought with the goal of owning that item for a long time?

Taking this approach puts a new spin on how we spend our money. Maybe it makes us think a little harder about what we’re buying. Maybe it makes us wait a little longer so we can afford exactly what we want. Maybe it makes us a little happier about what we have because we’re buying things we want around for a long time.

When we start treating everything around us as disposable, it’s hard to not think of money as disposable, too. And it’s this line of thinking that gets us into trouble.

Don’t be the person who ends up with a storage unit full of stuff you didn’t really want in the first place and an empty bank account. Do be the person who buys good things and then hangs on to them. Both you and your bank account will be happier.

http://bucks.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/06/26/the-case-for-spending-a-little-more-sometimes/
Suurinta kaikessa...Miehuudessa...On olla Jumalan rakastaja!

• Satraappi
  • Ylläpitäjä
  • Legenda
    • Profiili
    • http://www.keikari.com
« Vastaus #16 : 16.08.12 - klo:16:03 »
bowtie, you the man. Laitan tämän löytösi jakoon heti.
Pukimo Raivio: miesten käytetyt vaatteet - laatua järkihinnalla.
/

MrMan

• Auktoriteetti
    • Profiili
« Vastaus #17 : 24.08.12 - klo:08:24 »
Nick Sullivan toimii sammakkomiehenä ja ennustaa tulevaa säätä:

There’s a sudden pendulum swing away from “stuff”; away from jazzy shoes, look-at-me jackets, look-at-me trousers, look at all of this together—all that noise.  It’s toward something much cleaner. Shoes are a really good example. We’ve had wingtips, suede wingtips, multi-colored wingtips, weird wingtips, bright pink wingtips, and now the only alternative to that would be a pair of black oxfords. So I think we’re going through a cleansing moment. It’s like everything is un-complicating itself.

I think there was a time when every accessory under the sun, you had to have. I don’t think you need that right now.

Koko roska luettavissa täällä: http://www.parkandbond.com/the-intersection/features/my-style-nick-sullivan

Gaffer

• Legenda
    • Profiili
« Vastaus #18 : 24.08.12 - klo:10:12 »
^Plain toe derby on uusi wingtip, tuplamunkki ja tasseli kaikki yhdessä.

--tun Trickers kun eivät tee sellaista 4444:lle.
"label whores for clothes that you can’t even see the label of"

Markiisi

• Edistynyt
    • Profiili
« Vastaus #19 : 06.09.12 - klo:07:33 »
^
Lainaus
Ruotsalaisillako ei tyylia? siellahan on tosi trendikasta!
eka kommentti

Co-re

• Legenda
  • Insinööri
    • Profiili
« Vastaus #20 : 06.09.12 - klo:09:23 »
Hollannissa kieltämättä näkee kaikenlaista. Erityisesti todella omituisia murrettuja värejä vähän miten sattuu yhdisteltyinä. Miehillä usein olisi vartta vaikka mihin mutta samat piirteet ja mitat naisilla eivät tee hommasta helppoa. Mutta jos nyt puolieurooppalaiset maat ovat mukana, niin kyllähän nuo Venäjä ja Turkki siinä mielessä ovat omaa kastiaan, että nimenomaan näyttäminen ja juuri rahan näyttäminen ovat ihan eri tavalla tärkeitä kuin lännen puolella.
« Viimeksi muokattu: 06.09.12 - klo:09:24 kirjoittanut Co-re »

danius

• Legenda
    • Profiili
« Vastaus #21 : 06.09.12 - klo:09:56 »
^^ Kertookohan suomalaisten puuttuminen molemmilta listoilta myös siitä, ettei kellään ole mitään käsitystä miten Suomessa pukeudutaan?
I´m not a snob. I´m exclusive! - Frasier Crane.

MrMan

• Auktoriteetti
    • Profiili
« Vastaus #22 : 06.09.12 - klo:10:26 »
^Tai sitten Suomesta muistetaan vain saamelaisasut ja saunominen.

Co-re

• Legenda
  • Insinööri
    • Profiili
« Vastaus #23 : 06.09.12 - klo:10:28 »
Tai sitten täällä tasaisen mustanharmaan tylsyyden keskellä vältetään ne pahimmat ylilyönnit, joita ei tyylikkäinä välttämättä pidetä mutta joihin huomio kiinnittyy.

Mats

• Eleganssin esitaistelija
    • Profiili
« Vastaus #24 : 06.09.12 - klo:10:45 »
Kaikkea saakin suojattua.

http://yle.fi/uutiset/louboutin_saa_pitaa_punaiset_pohjansa/6283799

Lainaus
Ranskalainen kengänvalmistaja Christian Louboutin saa  tavaramerkkisuojan tunnusmerkilleen, kenkien punaiselle pohjalle. Yhdysvaltalainen oikeusistuin päätti asiasta keskiviikkona.

Nyt syntyneen oikeudenpäätöksen myötä vain Louboutilla on tavaramerkkisuoja kenkiin, joiden pohja on punainen ja muu osa kengästä toista väriä.

Sutor Mantellassinilla on siniset pohjat kengissä. Lieneekö muita, joilla on tietyn väriset pohjat kengissä?

Co-re

• Legenda
  • Insinööri
    • Profiili
« Vastaus #25 : 06.09.12 - klo:10:49 »
^^Ja juuri kun Chay kertoi minulle AS:n trunkissa, että he eivät kopioi mutta silti möi punaisilla Dainite-pohjilla ;)

Tommi

• Legenda
    • Profiili
« Vastaus #26 : 06.09.12 - klo:14:06 »
Tämä sopii huonosti otsikon alle, mutta en keksinyt parempaakaan paikkaa. Permanent Style -blogisti Simon Cromptonin isoisän haastattelu:
http://www.permanentstyle.co.uk/2012/08/how-my-grandfather-dressed.html

"And you always carried an umbrella everywhere. Even at the height of summer, I’d have the umbrella and, later, a bowler. It was ridiculous really."
Myydään valkoisia pellavaliinoja.

• Satraappi
  • Ylläpitäjä
  • Legenda
    • Profiili
    • http://www.keikari.com
« Vastaus #27 : 06.09.12 - klo:15:57 »
Teksti jäi hieman lyhyeksi. Ymmärrän päätöksen, jos suoja koskee vain tuota tiettyä punaisen sävyä - aivan kuten Fazerilla on oma sinisen sävynsä. Jos suoja koskee kaikki punaisen sävyjä, se on kurja säädös.
Pukimo Raivio: miesten käytetyt vaatteet - laatua järkihinnalla.
/

Mats

• Eleganssin esitaistelija
    • Profiili
« Vastaus #28 : 06.09.12 - klo:21:55 »
Pitäisi tietää tarkka päätös, Ylen uutisissa ei ollut mitenkään erityisen tarkkaan päätöstä avattu. Voihan olla että koskee tiettyä punaista, tiettyjä malleja jne.

i v y m a n

• Legenda
  • button downs weejuns rain macs what else is there?
    • Profiili
    • A / SOPHISTICATED / HOOLIGAN
« Vastaus #29 : 06.09.12 - klo:22:03 »
Mites dirty bucksit ja ikiaikainen red brick gumsole? Pidätetäänkö ivy nyt?

Mikäs siinä, antaa mennä. Käyn putkassa kuitenkin joka TPS-Hinter-derbyn jälkeen.
get your kicks on route six six six